Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Welcome Home Daddy!!!

Thursday July 2nd was a very special day at our house...Daddy came home!!! The kids were so excited and anxiously waited and waited. At about 10:30 a.m. there was a knock on the door...Bailee's face in the picture below says it all! What an awesome feeling it is to once again be reunited with the man I love and see how happy and excited our beautiful children were to have their daddy back at last. Brikelle ran to Alan and knew exactly who he was (Alan didn't think she would want much to do with him, but she proved him wrong!). And although he won't admit it, I saw his eyes get a bit watery as he picked up his baby girl (we don't have to talk about my eyes, after all this is about Alan...) Bailee kept saying all day "I just can't believe Dad is actually home." Braden told me "Mom, I'm so glad Dad is home now so everything can be normal again." After Alan had been gone for about a month Braden told me "Mom, I just wish Dad could come back home so everything can be normal again." That's coming from a 5 year old...talk about a lump in the throat! All day Brikelle kept coming up to me saying "Mommy, that daddy?" I guess she just wanted to make sure she really had the right daddy at her house! We are thrilled to be a family of 5 again and are quickly getting back into the swing of things. And what better way to celebrate than the 4th of July weekend!







Thank you for your service Alan. We love you and are so happy you are home safe and sound!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Amen to that!
Great pictures!

Anica said...

I would repeat what you said at the end: glad he is home safe and thank you all for your service. The pictures are priceless!!

Karen said...

I'm so, so, so happy he is home with you!!! I love the pictures!

Danen & Brittany Johanson said...

LOVE all of the pictures!!!! I'm SOO glad he is home with you now. You have a AWESOME husband!!! Love you ALL!!!!
P.S. I miss my BEST friend!!!!

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

What a great post and great pictures too! It gave me goose bumps just reading it and the pictures are so touching!! I'm so glad that you are all together again. That "normal" feeling must be great!!!

Holly said...

So glad he's back and "normal" again! We didn't get pics of our reunion because he showed up at 2 am and surprise us! (Or rather scared us to death!)