Thursday, October 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day Weekend this year we decided to give camping a try. This was our first real camping trip as a family. We camped at a beautiful campground only 20 minutes from our home but once we were there we felt like we were worlds away. It was so beautiful and peaceful and the weather was great. Not to mention they had warm showers and flushing potties...my kind of camping! We had plenty of activities to keep us busy. We tried fishing and although we weren't successful in catching any, the kids enjoyed trying. We swam in the lake...a lot... and even saw fish swimming around with us! We went on a nature walk, played games (table tennis and bean bag toss), visited and fed the ponies, made smores and just relaxed. The kids also had a lot of fun visiting the neighbors across the way and playing with their little girl and their 3 really cute puppies! Camping was a great success and we look forward to going again!

Our cute camp site.

The first night was very, very warm.

The kids did great with sleeping in the tent...they LOVED it! And yes, we used air mattresses.


Camping makes him smile! He cooked us breakfast every morning.


Camping pancakes are the best!



















4 comments:

Holly said...

How fun is that? I'll bet you guys enjoyed that so much! I can't wait to go camping again...I can't wait for time to be on MY side! The kids looked like they had a great time!!!!

Anica said...

Please share where this great location is-it looks wonderful! I love your style of camping-that's the way to go! So glad your family had a great time.

Anica said...

The girls are so cute in their Pink Star Wars shirts! :)

William, Josy & Arianna said...

I loved all the pictures!Know I want to go camping too. I miss you guys!