Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TODAY

Although we are many miles apart, Alan and I celebrated our 8th anniversary today. Thank you Alan for 8 wonderful years...I love you so much. You are an amazing husband and father. Thank you for giving us such a great life and for taking such good care of your family. Thank you for your service to our country...you are our hero. We love you lots and lots and miss you lots and lots!

My beautiful, surprise delivery
Oh yeah, I also turned the BIG 3-0 today! I had a nice day...my parents did a great job making it a special day. Thank you mom and dad, I love you! I had a nice lunch this afternoon with 3 great women...thank you ladies and thanks again Anica! I had a nice dinner at Olive Garden with 3 great kids (thank you for being so well behaved at dinner) and 2 great parents (thank you for the treat!). I got some nice gifts, cards, e-mails, texts and phone calls...thank you everyone! I got to talk to my wonderful husband too. And I got to eat my most favorite kind of cake made by my mom...yellow cake with my favoritest chocolate frosting made from scratch! I also got to deal with a very 2 year old girl today! Thanks to everyone who made my day special...I love you all!

I had a night off last night from Monday Makings and grandma had a special/secret Monday Makings with the kids. Here they are...3 super cute cards with 3 special messages on the inside...priceless!


The kids were sooo excited to give me the gifts that they picked out all on their own!
Bailee gave me a Kelly Clarkson CD (she knows I'm a huge fan!), a pretty necklace and some cute bracelets.
Braden gave me a cute bracelet and the book Twilight (I have not yet read the series...yes I know I'm a little behind the times!)
Brikelle gave me the ABBA Gold CD (hooray!) and a big box of Junior Mints which she didn't want to share! Thank you kiddies, I love you 3 lots!

So good bye to the 20's and hello to the 30's!








3 comments:

Jinna said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday/anniversary. Hurry and read the book so we can talk about it :) Oh and saying goodbye to your 20's isn't so bad. I've come to terms with it :) Love ya!!

Karen said...

It looks like you were spoiled yesterday! That's good...you certainly deserve it! I meant to tell you Happy Anniversary when I called you yesterday. Beautiful roses Alan sent you. Oh, and in my opinion, 30's are better than 20's, so enjoy!

Anica said...

Happy birthday and anniversary! That was so funny finding out at lunch that your anniversary and birthday are on the same day! I know you've told me that before, sorry I've forgot. Glad you had a really nice birthday and I'm happy that I could spend time with you on your special day!