
Monday, September 7, 2009
Our Weekend
I love when Alan has a four day weekend! This Labor Day weekend we managed to keep ourselves busy. On Friday Alan experienced with me what it's like to have just one child during the day! Once we got our Bailee and Braden to school, we stopped for a quick breakfast and then took the opportunity to do some driving around...we're always looking for areas to put on our list of places to consider buying in. One of our favorite things to do last school year was to go have lunch with Bailee and her class. We would try to go anytime Alan had a Friday off. So we also took the opportunity on Friday to have lunch with Braden and Bailee for the first time this school year. Braden's lunch is first so we decided to eat with him for the first time and then we sat with Bailee for a bit when it was her lunch. Bailee is always so happy whenever we show up for lunch. Braden was happy to see us but I learned when he got home that day that maybe he was a little disappointed we showed up! I asked him if it made him happy and if it surprised him that we came for lunch and his reply was "yeah but I really wanted to sit at the fun table with my class. I didn't want to sit at the boring table by the window." Well... He is taking this school stuff seriously! Will that stop us from showing up for lunch? NOPE!!! Saturday Bailee started cheer and Braden started soccer. It's going to be a busy season but I think it will be fun. Sunday morning we left town for a family "field trip" and an overnighter. We enjoyed the day at the Museum of Life and Science, eating dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, swimming in a cold pool, warming up in the hot tub and going back to The Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Unfortunately Braden woke up this morning not feeling well so after getting ready and having our breakfast at the hotel, we headed back home. It was a good weekend and it was fun to get away even if it was just for a day.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




























1 comment:
You guys party more than any family I know! How fun!!!
Post a Comment