Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kindergarten Man!

Although Braden thought this day would never come, it did...he is now a Kindergartener!!! Braden has waited for this day forever and was so excited this morning to finally get his turn to go to school. He did great. He told me this morning while he was getting ready "I know I go to school now but I still believe in God and Jesus." Smart kid huh?! Try telling him they want to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance. Oh he cracks me up with the things he says! The walk down to his class seemed like forever to him and once we were finally in his class he told me he wasn't nervous. The first thing he did was hug his teacher (this boy is all about hugs). I stayed for a few minutes to help get him settled and take some pictures. He was fine with my leaving and I actually did great leaving him! Dry eyes for this mom...is that bad?!?! I was very anxious for school to get out though so I could hear about his day. He loved it and is ready to go back tomorrow. He looked like such a big boy with his too big of a back pack! Man, they grow fast... I think he's going to have a great year and we are so thankful for him getting a fun, bubbly, energetic teacher that does a lot of up and moving around...that's exactly what Braden needs! He is now laying on the couch watching a movie and I gave him orders that he COULD NOT fall asleep! Yea for school and yea for all day Kindergarten!!!


All ready and so excited!


He has the same smile his dad has!
Jacket weather this morning...sweet!
Bailee likes being a big sister...they're holding hands if you can't tell!
Found his name!
Ready to learn


Thumbs up for a good day. Isn't he so enthusiastic?!

His first day gift
and a treat...yum!
















6 comments:

Tamara said...

What an insanely cute little (um I mean BIG) guy. Isn't the first day so exciting? I can't believe they are that old. It's flown so fast.

Reunion Committee said...

That is so cute. I loved what he said about going to school! I think it's awesome how excited you are for your kids to start school. They can feel your excitement too!

Anica said...

Oh dear! I didn't sign out...that was me...last comment!

Holly said...

Yeah Braden! You will LOVE Mrs. Brooks and Mrs. Nesbit!!

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Wow... Good job Braden. I miss you.
And Baille is so cute. I miss you guys.

Karen said...

Man, he is just the cutest!!! I love what he said about God and Jesus...too cute!!