Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend Get Away

We decided to take advantage of the long weekend and get out of town! We went to the beautiful mountains for a two day one night stay and had a good time. It was so pretty and the area that we were in reminded me a lot of Park City (for those of you from Utah!). Our adventures included shopping, eating out, swimming (it was an outdoor "heated" pool...when I hear the word "heated" I expect bath water temp! Brrr...it was cold but the kids didn't care!), going to the Tweetsie Railroad park (and made Braden's dreams come true by riding on an actual train) & taking a very pretty nature walk on a trail. We ended our trip with a quick visit to Aunt Kim's house (sorry, no pics). All in all, it was a fun weekend get away. Here are some pics of our adventures. Yes, I know that there is a lot but it was hard to pick just a few because the scenery was so pretty...enjoy!







We got to pan for gold and Alan actually found a tiny speck of gold!





































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! It looks so pretty there. Hee, hee...Braden looks so enthusiastic about having his pictures taken! Reminds me of Cael.

Tamara said...

I love it! It looks so fun! Gosh I miss you guys...give everyone hugs from me :)

Anica said...

That is awesome that you all got away for the weekend. We've never been there but we'd like to visit one day, especially our Thomas fan!

Anonymous said...

Oh this place is beautiful! It's so fun to get away sometimes. You have such a cute family. I get the girl thing but ist seems like Braden adds so much fun to your family. He's a cute boy, that's for sure!