Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ice Skating!

We tried a new activity today as a family...we were invited by a c0-worker and friend of Alan's to go ice skating with him and his family. We figured why not! Bailee went ice skating for the first time just a few weeks ago for a friends birthday (and really liked it), so she knew what to expect. But this was Braden's first time, and Mom and Dad's first time in at least 10 years! The kids were able to use these really cool walker things that they could skate along with and did really well. Bailee said it was easier this time because she knew what to do...she did great skating. Braden totally surprised us with how fast he got the hang of it and how well he did. He fell a few times but about 10 minutes into it he was practically running and seeing how fast he could go! Although Alan hasn't been in years, you wouldn't have known it by watching him. And as for myself, I was a bit wobbly at first but then remembered how to do it, and I didn't even fall! I didn't go very fast though! Alan even got out on the ice with Brikelle for a few minutes. She absolutely loved it and of course cried when he took her off the ice! We plan to take the kids again and eventually want them to be confident enough to skate without the walkers. What a fun activity!

















1 comment:

Karen said...

I wish I could go ice skating...it's been a long while since I've been.