Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jolly Old St. Nick

Alan's unit had a family Christmas party this weekend and Santa was there too! We've taken the kids every year to see Santa and get a photo taken since Braden was a baby. Last year after waiting for 2 hours in line at the mall (well, mom waited in line, dad shopped and kids were thankfully entertained by grandma and grandpa), we were really dreading the long wait again but knew the kids would be disappointed if they didn't get to see Santa. Alan found out that a very special Santa comes to his unit party every year, and takes photos too. We were beyond thrilled! So after a quick 30 min. wait it was our turn to see Santa. Bailee was excited, Braden could hardly contain himself (I thought he was going to hyperventilate!) and Brikelle was braver than I thought she would be (as long as she didn't have to sit on Santa's lap!). We decided to have a family picture taken this year. Santa was awesome and took the time to actually have a conversation with the kids and asked each of them what they wanted for Christmas. When it was time to say good bye, Bailee and Braden gave Santa a hug which made Brikelle want to give him a hug too! We love Santa!

I thought it would be fun to not only post this years photo, but all the past photos too. They are fun memories!


Unit Party 2008
2008-Long story but had to post the picture because it's been a good laugh for us! I don't think this Santa is fooling anyone! This was taken at Bailee's school. Brikelle totally freaked out and wanted nothing to do with him!
2007-This was the 2 hour wait...enough said!
2006-Yes they took a pose with everyone looking and smiling at the camera but they got this one also. When we saw it we knew this was the pose to buy. Braden talked Santa's ear off!
2005-We have laughed about this photo every year. It is by far our favorite and absolutely priceless! Bailee's perfect, Braden's screaming his head off and Santa is thinking take the picture and get this kid off me!
2004-I'm sure you've noticed that this Santa along with the Santa from 05' and 06' are the same. He was our favorite one from the mall in Colorado.
2003-For various reason, Bailee didn't see Santa this year. Daddy was deployed, Mommy was pregnant with Braden and Bailee was quite attached to Mommy and didn't like people she didn't know. Mommy just wasn't up to the scene of a child freaking out and being traumatized! So I thought I'd stick this picture in since it has a stuffed Santa!
2002-This was Bailee's first Christmas and this picture was taken on our way out of a grocery store. It's not the best but it is a Santa picture!








1 comment:

Karen said...

Your family picture with Santa turned out so cute! I love the picture of Braden screaming on Santa's lap...I remember that one!