
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
"O' Christmas Tree"...
Another tradition of ours is to put up our tree Thanksgiving weekend. It's usually a two day project...putting the tree together and getting the lights on usually happens on Friday, and decorating the tree takes place on Saturday. Brikelle was quite fascinated with seeing the tree and enjoyed helping us put the branches on. I was surprised when we decorated the tree because Brikelle just mostly watched and didn't really mess with the ornaments like I thought she would. I thought she would be rearranging everything we did! Other than fragile ornaments going up on higher branches, Alan and I always have let the kids put the ornaments where they want and that's where they stay...(for as perfect as I like things to be, we're not ones to re-decorate the tree once the kids are in bed). Leaving it the way the kids decorate it is our idea of perfect! Yes, maybe someday when I grow up (and have a big enough house) I'll have two trees...one for the kids and an elegant one for me. But for now, our idea of that perfect/beautiful Christmas tree is one that our kids decorate with all the different kinds of ornaments we have.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I like your tree, the train too! Cael would love having one of those around our tree! Funny picture of Alan!
Post a Comment