Thursday, July 3, 2008

Never Say Never...

How many of you have said those words "we'll never own a mini van no matter what". Yeah, us too...Alan and I have always said we would never get a mini van. Well, as of yesterday, we ate our words. We are now owners of a Honda Odyssey. We have been wanting something bigger for our family for the past few months now, and as gas prices are on the rise our hopes of owning our dream vehicle (Chevy Tahoe) slipped further and further away. After much research (on Alan's part) we decided that a Honda Odyssey was the way to go...it's practical and fits our every needs. So after more research, Alan found this particular Odyssey so we went to "look" at it. We all know that when you go "look" at something (especially when it's an hour drive) chances of coming home with it are pretty high! So here we are. The kids love it and think it's the coolest thing ever. I love it but still have to get used to driving it and operating all the electronics. And although I'm supposed to tell you that Alan hates it and that he wanted a big ol' 4x4, just between you and me, he loves it and spent all last night in it checking things out and figuring out how everything works! Our true test will be on Monday as we head off for our Orlando vacation...hurray!!!






3 comments:

Anica said...

Congratulations! You will LOVE the van, promise!!

Jinna said...

Very cool!! I always say we will never own a mini van .. we'll see what happens. I hope you guys have a GREAT time at Disney World. Tell everyone hi for us. Love ya guys!!

Anonymous said...

Your a real "mormon" fam.!!!! Congrats! Now you can move back to Utah---we were just waiting for the mini van and 4th kid before we could let you in--but we will make a partial exception as long as you promise to get that fourth one in the works!!!! You guys are soooo cute. I am so happy that you are doing what you do best---being a mom! You were the best 2nd mom to my kids--we will always love you for it too! Have a great time with Mickey! :)