Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Day

I'm finally getting around to posting some of our Christmas pictures. We had a very nice Christmas and were so grateful that everyone was healthy, happy and able to enjoy the day! Alan is pretty much a kid when it comes to Christmas. Not because he wants to see what he got for Christmas, but because he loves spoiling his kids and seeing how excited they are when they see that Santa came! No matter how late we get to bed on Christmas Eve (or actually in the wee hours of Christmas morning), Alan is always up and showered and ready to go by about 6:30. I always make him wait until at least 7:00 before he wakes the kids...I know the anticipation just kills him! This year Bailee and Braden woke up on there own at about 7:30. That was the first time they have done that...we have always had to drag them out of bed in the past! Since Brikelle was still asleep, we let Bailee and Braden go ahead and see if Santa came and look in their stockings and check out their pile of "stuff". Braden's remark to his dad once he did see that Santa came to our house and left presents, "See Dad, I told ya Santa wouldn't bring me coal." Yeah, he's too smart for playing that whole card about how you better be good because if you aren't Santa is going to leave you coal blah, blah, blah. Before Christmas, when we tried to play that card Braden told us, "I was naughty last year and Santa still brought me toys." Anyway, back to Christmas... the kids were very excited to see that Santa came and once Brikelle woke up we let them start tearing into their gifts. Braden was like a mad man and just ripped through everything as fast as he could, sometimes he took a second to see what it actually was! Bailee took a little more time opening her stuff and checked things out before opening another present. And once Brikelle saw her big present that Santa brought, that's all she wanted...she didn't want to be bothered with opening any of the other presents. So enough with my ramblings...I'll let you enjoy the pictures! There were so many to choose from so I just picked a big handful of the ones I thought were best!


Our tree full of presents...Alan took me serious when I told him I needed a new wardrobe! He did a wonderful job and in case you're wondering, yes, he is very tasteful and knows all the right sizes. He shops better for me than I do!
Bailee's loot from Santa
Braden's loot from Santa
Brikelle's loot from Santa
Alan grew up with Santa gifts wrapped, I grew up with Santa gifts unwrapped and set out in our own piles, so Santa compromises and only keeps a couple of the bigger things unwrapped, wraps everything else and puts everything in individual piles for the kids.
Of course it's always fun to check and see if Santa eats the cookies and drinks the milk we leave for him. I think we left one too many for him this year as you can see!
Bailee is always so excited about getting an orange in her stocking!

Braden asked Santa for Star Wars guys and a Darth Vader helmet. He scored a bunch of action figures and a Darth Vader costume!
Brikelle was thrilled to see that this rocking horse was for her!

Bailee started out wanting a Hannah Montana guitar for Christmas, but then while out shopping one day she saw this Hannah Montana doll that sings "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" and decided that's what she was going to ask Santa for. She must have been a pretty good girl all year because Santa brought her both!


Brikelle had to take a break and get her daily Elmo's World fix in! She grabbed daddy's hand, took him to our bedroom and told him "Mo, Mo". So while Bailee and Braden finished opening their stuff, she watched her Elmo. And apparently we were too loud for her because eventually she shut our door and stayed in our room until her Elmo was over!
Sweet! Thanks Santa!
I think Alan was happy and surprised to find a new I-Pod in his stocking!
Our Little Rockers!
We hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas. Thank you for all the wonderful cards. We love you all and pray that everyone has a Happy and Safe 2009.
Just stuck this picture in because I thought it was cute. Brikelle is hugging and telling "Sa sa" bye. She freaked out when I took him out to the garage to box up!



















2 comments:

William, Josy & Arianna said...

How fun !!! I really loves to reading your blog. I love your Children.Congratulations for the a wonderful Family.

Anica said...

Glad you all had a great Christmas!