Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!

It really happened...we woke up to it snowing today! The kids were sooo excited! All of Braden's hoping and dreaming and dreaming and hoping, and it finally happened! It snowed pretty much all morning and early afternoon...we ended up with 5 or 6 inches I think. We all went out first thing this morning and played in the snow. We had a snowball fight and the kids made snow angels. The snow wasn't really good snowman making snow but Bailee made her own little one! This was Brikelle's first time seeing snow and she thought it was absolutely great. She had a ball out there and even laid down in the snow! She also had an absolute tantrum when it was time to go inside. She didn't care that her poor little hands were freezing and red and kind of purple (that pretty much freaked me out!). After warming up and eating lunch, Bailee and Braden headed back out for some more fun in the snow. It's been so fun to see snow again! (Anyone count how many times I said the word snow?!)

Our Winter Wonderland
The backyard











Bailee's little snowman that she made all by herself and worked so hard making!

Nothing like some yummy hot chocolate after playing in the snow!

The snow and sunset tonight looked so pretty

School is canceled again tomorrow. Hooray for another day to relax and be cozy!
















3 comments:

Karen said...

Look at all that beautiful snow! I'm glad your kids had the chance to play in it...looks like they had so much fun!

Anica said...

Isn't it wonderful? I'm so glad we got some good snow. Love your pics!

William, Josy & Arianna said...

I just love the pictures!!! I was so glad we got snow day. Love
Josy